Experience: 6+ years | Location: Kochi, Kerala, India
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Serves as a technical resource for systems design, installation, configuration and client provisioning.
- Monitors daily operations, providing maintenance and remediation of system issues.
- Knowledge and ideas on how to build infrastructure, support & monitor and bring in efficiency in every possible way.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of various compute environments, web hosting clients and datacenters including accompanying supporting infrastructure
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability, particularly in private cloud environments
- Work closely with cross functional teams (i.e. Engineering, Support, Business) and collaborate on optimal solutions for current and future projects
- Cross-train technical staff in how to merge in existing team
- Perform troubleshooting leading problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
- Ensure the integrity and security of data and systems, and look for continuous improvement to the current state of security architecture
- Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host server operating systems, storage arrays, and other components
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission-critical host server resources for various clients or assigned clients
- Develop procedures, programs, and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and applications
- Maintain currency with technological developments in systems engineering technology
- Documentation of issues and manage Team
- Resolution for escalated issues in support ticketing system
- Guide Junior systems engineers and level 2 techs in the team.
- Proficient Linux administration skills to build, operate and manage a complex production environment - Familiarity with RedHat based Linux versions.
- Thorough understanding of computer networking protocols and concepts including IP / TCP / UDP, NAT, DNS, NFS, and similar systems.
- Experience with UNIX utilities and scripting (such as Python, shell, etc.), experience with a version control system (e.g., Git) highly preferred.
- Good Knowledge on Web server, Mail server, DNS, FTP, SSH
- Good knowledge of different hardware components of servers and understanding of storage.
- Good understanding about usage and purpose of Firewalls
- Good Team player - Able to work independently and well on a team.
- Knowledge of automation, configuration management and monitoring with systems such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt or similar system is an added advantage
- Knowledge of cloud technologies from AWS, GCP or Azure and tools related to build and operate cloud-based applications. Experience in container-based technologies preferred.
- Thought leader in implementing best practices for improving information security and reducing cyber risk.
- Discipline to develop and follow a multi-year technology roadmap, leveraging technology to build and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Willingness to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Passion to excel in whatever you do.
- Creative thinking and ability to ‘think outside the box’ are ESSENTIAL.
- Honesty and Integrity
- The ability to respond effectively under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Red-hat Certifications (RHCE) Red-hat Certifications (RHCE) /MCSE/MCSA/MCITP
- B tech Computer Science / Masters in Computer Application or Any Engineering Degree